With its low self-esteem and high urban blight, Hartford is the ultimate underdog city. Sad City Hartford documents the joys, sorrows and eccentricities of New England's Rising Star.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dating In Hartford II



Way back in 2010 we took a look at the dating scene in Hartford. Despite our best intentions and research, the search was fruitless and we were left to slink back alone to our Mom's basement and our blogging. Over a year later, and with Valentine's Day approaching, we were considering a venture outside to attempt to date again. When we got outside, we learned that February had apparently become a spring month and the brightly shining light was too much for our eyes. We quickly retreated back to the basement and to the laptop, deciding that it would be better to return to our old standby, the Craigslist Missed Connections section to see how people find a date.


Walmart After work - w4m
I was just leaving the store and I saw you pass me going in. You were tall, white male, blue button up shirt, beige kakis, you had dark hair, a little facial hair, about 24-27 yrs old. You were sooo hot! Nice ass too!
What position did you have your hands in while walking? A pic would be great confirmation. I would never forget your face. You'll be very happy with mine :) 


So let's get this straight. February is now spring and Wal-Mart employees are now sought after in the dating pool? Exactly WTF has been going on around here? This really, truly seems like the bizarro world. Also, what the heck does "[w]hat position did you have your hands in while walking" mean? Finally, do any of us believe that last line?

Ocean Job Lot, Wethersfield - w4m (Hartford, CT)
We met onl[i]ne on May 31st, 2011..........in person at job lot.....parking lot, remember?
I only want to wish you a Happy New 2012, and I hope this year bring you good things..........

still remember you!.............mmmmmmmmmmm!


Now we've moved to Ocean State Job Lot? This is starting to make us feel really, really bad about our inability to get a date. It's also probably time for this woman to realize that when you haven't heard from someone you met SEVEN months ago in an Ocean State Job Lot parking lot, it probably isn't going to work out. I guess one could admire her ability to wait.............and wait............................mmmmmmmmmmm!

I need you - w4m - 26

Our love is like morning dew. Thirst quenching and invigorating in the morning but dissapates and dries out towards the day's bitter end. But I still long for you, I still care for you and dammit I still need you. Not need in the sense of being taken care of, but need in the sense of loving. The bones in my body ache for you, my heart beats slow and everything else gets out of focus, all I see is you. Are you there? Is it really you? Or am I just living inside the dream. Has this nervous ache resounded throughout my entire being for so long that it physically manifested you before my eyes? My eyes must be playing tricks. I couldn't be so lucky, twice.

I just need you to say it, feel it, even if it's for the last time. Press your tender lips to mine and electrify our senses one by one. Kiss my eyelids shut and pull me closer. I need it. I need you.  
 


Anytime you invoke "morning dew" just stop and walk away from the keyboard. Please.

Whole foods checkout - w4m - 28

You were in the express checkout lane yesterday wearing what I think was a [N]ew Britain EMT sweatshirt. I was in the lane over and doubt you saw me. You are so adorable and just seemed to be a genuinely nice guy... Which probably means you're taken. Are you?

What about seeing this person at the grocery makes you think he is "a genuinely nice guy?" The fact he shops at Whole Foods? That fact that you "think" he was wearing a New Britain EMT sweatshirt? We really don't even see a shred of evidence that would point towards this gentleman being "a genuinely nice guy." You might be just a tad too trusting.

YOU MAY BE MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR - m4m 
SUNDAY AFTERNOON I WAS AT THE 91 SOUTH REST STOP IN WALLINFORD FOR A LEGITIMATE REASON, AND I SAW THIS GUY IN A SAAB - THIS VERY HANDSOME MAN. HE FOLLOWED ME TO A RESEVOIR WATCHING DUCKS AND THEN HE GOT SCARED AND LEFT. I REALLY WANT TO MEET THIS GUY AND GET TO KNOW HIM-. IF YOU READ THIS- PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK- I AM EMOTIONALLY AVAILABLE. THANKS   

Do you need a comment on this?

airplane - m4m - 50 (SF)

[W]as on a plane next to you today from SF. Hot Hispanic kid. Wanted to reach over and rub your crotch.  

Probably a good decision to not go ahead and do that.  

Guy with the red Shirt correctiona facility - m4m - 29
U cought my eye today 1/25/11 at the Correction facility... i couldnt resist the oportunity to talk to u so i too it when i told u to look for the info u needed online... i would love to get to know u!!! Tell me where in line, what color was my coat and what was i holding so i know it was u!!!   

The Correctional Facility? Yeah, that tops Wal-Mart and Ocean State Job Lot.


BREAK TIME


Beautiful Blonde, who works on the Berlin Tnpk - m4w
You work on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, Your manner and beauty distracted me more than once. We caught eyes a couple of times. What a smile glowing from your thin body. I hope you see this post.. Tell me where you work so I know it's you.

Seems to us that simply saying hi and introducing yourself might have a slightly better chance and being successful. But then again what do we know?   

oakwood soccer mom..... - m4w - 41
I see u each week and can't shake ur beauty. I want to ravish u but we're both married. I think u feel the same way but we haven't spoken too much yet. If u think u im talking to u, tell me what color ur hair is and when ur at oakwood.   

Boy, people really jump to some conclusions on here. "We haven't spoken much, but I think you want to cheat on your husband with me." Guess confidence counts for something right?

Hot blonde in black - m4w - 35 (Starbucks at West Farms)

Yesterday afternoon I was behind you in line. I was all in black as well. You had on heels and you were so gorgeous and sexy :)   

Because all hot 35 year old blondes who go to Westfarms Starbucks love meeting aging goth dudes through Craigslist Missed Connections.

sexy blonde cashier - w4w - 19
when you looked at me as you handed me my change, your eyes pierced right through my soul. i knew i had to have you. the date was February 9th. im too nervous to talk to you in person, but my idea of our ideal date would be me and you, making candied bacon, watching some always sunny, obviously hot sex, and id definitely rub your feet any time you want. so please get back to me as soon as you see this.

-love always, big bertha

That is not a good online handle if you are trying to pick people up. 

Rocky Hill McDonalds this morning behind 2 very cute brunettes 2/6 - m4w
It's worth a shot - so hopefully one of you will see this :) This morning I was in line behind two very attractive brunettes at McDonalds in Rocky Hill on the silas deane highway. It was around 1030ish if I had to guess. One of you was ordering a strawberry shake and the other got an ice cream. If it helps any I was behind you with the short, kinda spiky hair, jeans and sport jacket on. Anyways you guys were very cute and funny. If by any chance you do see this I'd love to talk some more. I should've been more conversational this morning and now I am wishing that I was!

Well, here goes....maybe you will see this and we can get together for a drink and conversation :)
Talk soon!   

Nope, not going to work.

UConn vs seton hall half time show - m4w - 20 (XL Center Hartford)
You where in the half time show for the UConn men's basketball game today.
I could not take my eyes off you ;).
Your figure, your smile, the way you moved hypnotized me.
You are blonde, Caucasian, and beautiful.
You for the most part were dancing in the middle of the basketball court,
on the husky face logo.
Id love it if you email me!!!



Because all UConn cheerleaders love meeting guys through Craigslist Missed Connections.

What have we learned? Well it seems that men will post on Missed Connections anytime they interact with a good looking female while she is working. Beyond that, hopefully we can mine this data and land ourselves a date on this most serious of all holidays.





No comments:

Post a Comment